Monday, March 1, 2010

Hey Spammers - Brand new opinions needed for a simple AR-15 survey

Plus, you get to keep the bullet!


Rockers!

So some people have been spamming my blog. To add insult to injury, they don't even know me. They tried to post a comment for a hair loss product. I am Poodleman. I have plenty of hair. I will hunt them down. And make them read their bogus business opportunities. I'll make 'em read so many emails, Amnesty International will write me up.

Whew....OK, I'm done. Now, let me just pop my eyeballs back in, and continue on.

Hey, check it! Music has been a crazy journey for me so far, and I know I'm not alone in the Rough road travel club...I know for a fact that everyone has their own story of challenge, triumph, and insight, so this applies to everyone.

Sometimes I get major intimidated. I mean, like maybe I'll never amount to anything, I'm not good enough, I'm not pretty enough.....oops, channeling a figure skater there...

I attended to the 24th Annual Wammies last night. DC's version of the venerable Grammy, the Washington Area Music Awards showcase regional talent, and boy, there's a lot of it. I was so delighted to see one of my friends win an award for Best Traditional Folk Vocalist. What a well deserved recognition, too.

Anyways, I'm sitting there, watching all these fablous musicians, and well, I go inwards a lot of times, and have a lot of self doubt. I was talking to a buddy, and he mis-heard me and said "You said you were gonna quit music?" "No, no!" I stated, and thinking of that conversation later, it really made me think...As far as I'm concerned, I really don't have a choice in the matter of "if it's too hard" or not. This is what I want to do, and this is what I am going to do. There's only way way, and that's forward.

So who cares how hard it is! I'm hearing my own words echo in my head right now. I always tell my students "If it was easy, everyone would do it."

I think that we all have that choice - is this what we're gonna do? Then get it done.

I love that show The West Wing. In a particular episode, Toby and Josh are walking through DC at five in the morning, after having traveled all night, discussing how to re-elect the President. Toby says "well, it'll be hard." Josh says "Well....then we'll do what's hard."


Booyah!

- Josh

No comments: