Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holiday music picks!

Merry Holiday season, Comrades!



If you're sick of hearing R&B singers shriek horrid remixes of "All I want for Christmas is you"...wait, that IS a horrid remix to start with...but if you're sick of it, then step right up, step right up!

I was actually sitting in my studio just now, staring at the wall, not sure what to write. I didn't have anything to yell about. "And then my mom comes in, but I didn't hear her, and she says "mike" and I didn't say anything and then she starts yelling "you're on drugs!" Wait, that's not what happened, but that IS a great song...

OK, so I've found something to yell about: Cool holiday tunes!

If your music collection needs some kick, check out:

Merry Axemas - A Guitar Christmas Ya can't beat Steve Vai playing Christmas Time is Here, or Eric Johnson working his magic with The First Noel! Jeff Beck makes us all believers with Amazing Grace, and Brian Setzer dazzles with Jingle Bells. To make things even better, there's two volumes of this CD! Zakk Wylde even makes an acoustic apperance on the second.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - various TSO has a buncha holiday albums out, and they rock. Just go to iTunes, and you can't miss 'em.

Gary Hoey - Ho Ho Hoey Gary rips, and he does a great job playing a lot of tunes on this two CD set. It's high voltage, fun, and has great playing on it. I love his version of The Grinch.

Jimi Hendrix - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Only three songs, and one of 'em is a repeat, but hey, it's HENDRIX, dude! A must have!


I also dig some of the jazz holiday music, as well as the classical tunes...But the point of this blog is to get ya rockin' around that Christmas tree!

Go buy the CDs, comrades! You won't be dissapointed!

- Josh

No comments: