Thursday, August 4, 2011

Comrade TV and the Handy Street story

Hey Comrades!


Episode 6 of Comrade TV is available online!


Some of you have heard the third track of my latest CD (Signalman), called Radio W-HAM. In it, I tell the story of the time I took a train to New York City, and was shushed by a nun. My brothers captured some live video footage at one of my recent gigs of me telling the story...so here it is in person! I think you'll enjoy.

You know, one of the things I love about being a musician is the diversity of hats I wear. I'm starting to get intrigued with story telling, so this is my first step into that world. I'm sure every field is like this to a greater or lesser degree. How does your field allow you to express yourself? Even if it doesn't, there's always lunch breaks. You hear about that construction worker in New York who signs Sinatra on his lunch hour? He's all over the internet now! Way to go!

On other Revolution news, I've been working for a few weeks now on my latest recording, a holiday EP! It's coming along good, and I'll start putting down tracks for an original holiday tune tomorrow! Recording Signalman was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Talk about some work! But I tell you, after a year out of the studio, it feels great to be back at it! I've got some great ideas for artwork bordering on propaganda, and a cool new story.

One more thing: A local musician that I kinda sorta know just got his new single at #13 on the iTunes songwriter chart yesterday! It charted above Harry Chapin on that day! Way to go, Sam Grow!

I hope you enjoy the latest installment of Comrade TV, and keep on overthrowing bad music!

- Josh

No comments: