Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy Birthday, Stevie!

Today is Stevie Ray Vaughan's birthday.

He would have been 54.

My goodness, what a fabulous guitar player! Stevie's my favorite.
I don't know how he did it, but he would get this...roar..from his playing and singing. Such a little guy, but man, he would howl, and so would his guitar!

I'm very thankful that he's left behind so many recordings, so we all can enjoy the legacy he's given us.

So it's his birthday today, and I'd like to tip my hat to this wise bluesman.

I'm going to remember this today:

Have you heard that once you make a sound, it never stops? Now, I'm not sure if it's true or not, but if it is, it really makes ya think.

It can also be taken in a different way - everything you say to someone, every interaction, every cd you make, if you happen to be in the business....

Is never forgotten completely.

How many times can we remember stuff that people have said to us when we were kids, both nice and nasty. I still remember the bullies, the good guys, the harsh and kind words...

So we have two ways for sound and action to endure - through science, and emotion.

This makes me want to take care of what I say, and what I play...and make sure I want it lasting forever! No such thing as an insignificant note, word, or action any more.

Stevie's recordings give me a great example to follow.

Today, for his birthday, and hopefully from now on, I plan on keeping that in mind.

Happy Birthday, SRV!

No comments: