Sunday, November 2, 2008

Vote, Sucka!

Heyyy Rockers!

Man, I hope everyone had a super cool Halloween. I got stoned on Reeses Pieces, but that's the hardest stuff I'll ever do. (But you will start to see things if you eat enough!)

It's a great time of year for Halloween. Why? It's Election Day in America on Tuesday! I hesitate to mix up politics in my blog, but I'm making an exception today.

It is so important to vote! Pllllllllllleaseeeee do so! I'm begging you! Especially you readers who live in the so-called "Swing States." (States that could go either way - Republican or Democrat. These states make all the difference in deciding the outcome of the race, as Florida did in 2000, and Ohio did in 2004.) Some of these important battleground states are:

Virginia
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Indiana
New Mexico
Colorado
Missouri


Now, even if you don't live in a swing state, it's super important to get out to vote. I live in Maryland, which is expected to fall on Barack Obama's side, but I'll still be there to cast my vote for him.

Yes, I'm voting for Obama, as I believe he has the leadership, vision, and opportunity to take America in the direction that I feel is right. But hey, that's just me! I guess that, as a blogger, while I'm about as low as you can get on the totem pole of endorsements, I'll still venture to say - I endorse Barack Obama for President.



However, that's not what I'm here to talk about. I've been talking to a lot of people in this election season, and I encourage everyone, regardless of political affiliation, to step out, get involved, and make their voice heard. It's vital, and it's the fabric of democracy. And in delivering my endorsement, it is my sincere hope that I don't offend any of my clients with differing political views. I respect each and every one.

I was thrilled to hear an eight year old and nine year old debating presidential politics as the guitar lessons were switching over. She was for McCain, He was siding with Obama. It's great to see that folks are paying attention!

Don't know where to vote?


Here's a Map!

If you're on the fence about who to vote for, drop me an email, and we'll have a chat about it. And I won't even be too much of a salesman!

Too young to vote? Take it upon yourself to get an unmotivated adult out to the polls. I've been working on community issues since before I could vote, and there's so much you can do without being of voting age.

I've got a buddy, James, who's much more outspoken about his choices, and if you'd like to check out his blog, it's called The Political Caveman.

It's very opinionated, but I guess that's cool if you're into it.

Still undecided? Here's something that James posted on his blog, and it had me laughing pretty darn hard!




So get out to vote, sucka! Bring a theory book, stand in line, and make your voice count. I was chatting with a buddy at the gym, and we both agreed that there should be a new rule: If you don't vote, you can't complain about the state of the world.

Thanks for reading, and I'll get back to guitar in the next post.

Rock on!

- Josh

PS. All comments on this post, regardless of opinions expressed, will not be published. Thanks for understanding.

No comments: