Sunday, November 23, 2008

Island Music rocks La Plata!

Hey Rockers!

Do you need guitar strings? A new guitar? How 'bout a Gibson guitar? (Hard to come by in good ol' Waldorf!)

Then you need to go visit Keith Grasso, and his new music store, Island Music Company. Located at 600 Charles Street, in downtown La Plata, MD, this place is neat. (It's right across from the Dash In.)

I had heard a lot about it from my students, especially considering how new the store is. "Hey man, you've gotta check out the store!" So I went out this past Friday to see for myself what all the buzz was about.

I was very impressed. It's like going to a guitar clubhouse. The showroom is very small, but that just adds to it's charm. With a Paul Gilbert instructional video playing on the TV to educate the room, it's jam packed with awesome guitars. I spotted Gibson, Epiphone, Ibanez, and Fender brands, and I'm sure I'm leaving out half of 'em. My favorite was the George Lynch tiger stripe ESP. Neat stuff. We started chatting about Van Halen guitars, and Keith ducked into the back, only to re-emerge with a piece from his personal collection - The most beautiful purple EVH Wolfgang guitar you've ever seen.

Keith also told me he's a dealer for most major brands, so if it's not in his warehouse, he can get it for you in a matter of days.

I was perhaps most impressed with the sense of community that he wants to create. Keith was kind enough to put a stack on my business cards on the counter. Later, I was reading his website, and I saw that he's won an award for being the most requested guitar teacher in Baltimore. That's pretty cool he was willing to promote both of us in his store by putting out my card.


Not only that, but Keith suggested several other great ideas to promote guitar in the area. He said he had been meaning to call and introduce himself, but he couldn't find my number. Remember, this guy sells lessons too, at exactly the same price that I do.

That's a way of doing business that I can believe in, and I know where I'll be buying all of my strings, amps, and guitars - Island Music. I encourage you to check 'em out. You'll be a fan.

Rock on, Island Music!

Check 'em out on the Web at: www.islandmusicco.com
And in person at:

Island Music Company
600 Charles Street
La Plata, MD 20646

(It's on the left hand side as you head East on Charles Street. It's across from the Dash In. If you see the 7 11 on the left, you've gone too far.)

And check this out - pretty soon, they'll be open seven days a week!

Tell 'em I sent you.






No comments: