Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Morning Show: On Relationships

The Morning Show is a blog companion to the podcast audio.


Goood morning!  I hope you like your Tuesday breakfast with marmalade and absurdity, 'cause got a doozy of a theme for you this week.  Was talking to my adopted sister Rachel - not REALLY my adopted sister, but close enough, and she suggested I do a theme on relationships.  I was like "WHAAAT?"  Then I was intrigued. Let's start off with the question of "what isn't about relationships?"   Or, "what's important that isn't about relationships of some kind?"  Of course, I'm not just talking about romantic relationships, as nice as they are, but all relationships.  The further I get in the entertainment industry, the more I realize almost everything is about people.  I'll have been teaching guitar for 13 years in September, and while I've learned much about music, I've learned way more about people from my extremely patient and kind students.  Again, almost everything is about people.  And yes, this includes those epic Tinder fails and dance floor horrors, too.  But that's for a comedy podcast...

  So, for today, I'm going to do this, and I invite you to join me.  I'll be looking at every single interaction, from other drivers on the road to highly personal conversations, and seeing...well...how I do, and what I'd like to improve.  Let's see how it goes!

No comments: