Friday, March 10, 2017

The Morning Show: The Talking

The Morning Show is a blog companion to the podcast audio.


Relationships?!  We're STILL talking about relationships?  Yeah, I guess so.  I mean, as cynical as I can be, after all, we've only got each other (and I'm so very grateful for that.)  I've been reading a great book called Just Listen by Mark Goulston, and he talks about shifting the dialogue from talking AT someone, to talking TO someone, to talking WITH someone.  I see myself do this on Facebook all the time.  It's so easy to talk AT someone.  "Here's why I'm right.  Here's what you need to do.  Here's what's up with me."  Today I'm going to see if I can move a conversation from AT to TO to WITH.  Seems a good way to relate to each other.  Let's see how it goes!


No comments: