Thursday, November 29, 2007

Farewell, Hot Licks Guitar Shop

Greetings, interstellar travelers. Be warned, I'm breaking my rule of a non self-centered blog...Cause I'm in a reminiscing mood today. And if you don't frequent Hot Licks Guitar Shop, you might be booored...

It's hard to believe that today is my last day teaching at Hot Licks Guitar Shop.

I'm moving my teaching business to a new studio space, and today marks the last day of my term as a Staff Guitar Instructor at Hot Licks.

It's been fun. I've had the honor of working alongside musicians such as Mike "walking encyclopedia" Stacey, Todd Rhodes, Anthony Wellington of the Victor Wooten Band, Mark Foster, jazz bassist extraordinaire, my first guitar teacher Joe Palchak, John Fortier (you should see his Hendrix tattoo!), Mark Lewis, Randy Runyon, and Kenn Taylor of DC Star...And of course a great drum department with guys like George Jones, KJ Baker, and Matt Strain.

I also enjoyed having access to a wall of guitars to try out, and bothering the guys up front! Thanks, guys, for your patience.

It was a great environment to learn in. Everyone had a different point of view with music, and you'd hear 'em practicing those views. I learned a lot about jazz, amps, theory, and most importantly, business.

I'd like to say "Thanks" to everyone who's helped me out, and shown me stuff. I'll be walking out the doors of Hot Licks a (hopefully) wiser player with some great memories.

I'm off to build my empire. So long, Hot Licks Guitar Shop. It was fun! Thank you.

(By the way, my new location is 3195 Old Washington Road, Waldorf, MD. So if you're looking for the empire...You'll know where it is! I'm having an open house on Saturday, December 1st, from 12-4pm at the new location. Stop on by and check it out!)

No comments: