Thursday, April 21, 2011

Alert! Alert!

Hey Comrades!


Boy, I'd make a terrible little old lady. I'm such a gossip. I'm more hesitant to hear what people are saying about me, although I am a sucker for compliments.

In today's industry, no matter what your field, it's important to keep an eye on what's being said on the world wide "interweb", as some old people call it. There's a lotta information out there, but Google Is Your Friend.

Did you know you can set up a Google alert for yourself? I've got a few: Guitar lesson alerts, Josh Urban alerts, They're coming to get me alerts...wait, that's just the minefield around my house.

It's a snazzy way to keep tabs on your web presence. Just punch in "Alerts" in Google, or go to www.google.com/alerts

You can have 'em delivered with email or on a feed. Great stuff! I just saw my listing for a show this weekend thanks to the alerts, AND I've discovered that I have a "twin brother" who's a great pitcher in Texas. Cool, I always wanted to be a pitcher...

Give it a shot! You'll take one more step towards global domination!

Vive la Revolution,

- Josh

No comments: