Saturday, April 16, 2011

Introducing The Signalman

Hey Comrades!


Happy Saturday to you. Four announcements to make today.

1. Do not eat at Cracker Barrel restaurants. Ever.

2. "In The Heat of the Night" is a powerful movie. Wow, if you haven't seen it, you've gotta. It's a moving drama that serves as quite a reminder that the disease of racism must, must, must be stamped out. I think I'm gonna write a song called "They call me Mr. Tibbs."

3. I've finally got a name for this revolutionary, community-building, fortified-with-the-power-of-Rock radio station I've been yammering about! It's called The Signalman. Huh, seems like I've heard something like that before...Well, I just built a Facebook page for it - please check it out!

I'll be featuring local and touring musicians, both by playing their CD's and conducting interviews. If you'd like to be on my show, please drop me an email and we'll talk. I'm very excited to have the opportunity to build a community, and I so so so hope you'll be part of it! Even if you don't play any music, feel free to call in requests, or just drop a note to say hello. I'm figuring out that The Revolution is built of people like all of us, and the more participation, the better!

4. This just in: John Lennon was a communist. I heard my buddy Lynn Hollyfield play a great cover of "Imagine" yesterday at her show, and sitting there in my comrade shirt, the lyrics really struck me. Commie! Great tune, though...And a great concert by Lynn! It was outside. It was cold. It was windy. But it was rockin'! Good job, Lynn! Check out her great contemporary folk sound here: www.lynnhollyfield.com

Hope you have a great weekend!

Hey, check out my new friends I made at Lynn's show yesterday. It was good seeing a few old friends as well!

No comments: