Monday, April 11, 2011

It's a long way to Richmond

"Well it's a long way to Richmond, rollin' north on 95"


Hey Comrades!

Wow, I hope you had a fun fun fun fun Sunday! I sure did. I got to take a TRAIN to RICHMOND to learn how to be a radio DJ!

Yes, yes, I will be hosting an occasional show on the University of Richmond's college radio station, WDCE 90.1 FM! I'm psyched. Now I gotta figure out playlists and formats and everything.

I'll be posting air dates soon, so stay TUNED. Ha ha!

Since music is a conversation, it begs the question: If you had a radio show, what would it be? Sports? Talk? Top 40? Classical? It's a great conversation starter. I'd be curious to hear what you think!

Also, I could use some input on the planning stages. I've got a solid idea of what I'm trying to do, but input is much appreciated!

Boy, the train trip was a blast, too. My new favorite office space is Amtrak's Northeast Regional train by night. I love love love being on the road for music. I was sitting at the train station, listening to the trains go by, and enjoying the breeze. I got to meet a cool lady on the train who gave me some great ideas about public speaking, too. Networking never stops! Uh, well, I DID get asked to pipe down by the people in front of me as I was enthusiastically asking about speaking and presentations, but oh well...

So here's your knowledge nugget today, comrades: Up the networking game! Start talking to people around you, and see what cool folks you'll meet.

Vive la revolution!
- Josh

No comments: