Friday, November 20, 2009

Made of Scars

Two years.


Two years ago.

They found her.

Two years seems like a long time ago. It was a bright and sunny day like this. It's funny how the sun can burn your eyes sometimes.

I still can't wrap my head around it. Such a meek little girl - seems like she wouldn't have it in her. I guess nobody really ever saw her, and that's what did her in. I never knew her that well - but now I think of her often. A violin usually reminds me - 'cause she was such a fine violinist. I picked up a book of etudes the other day, and sighed. She would practice those for hours.

Oh, what have I learned since that day two years ago? Not much, sadly. It's strange how easy it is to forget in the hustle and bustle. At the same time, I've got another scar there, and those don't really heal - but they can teach. I'm listening to that Stone Sour song right now Made of Scars, and it seems like we all are.

And this one lets me see.

Holy smokes, we're all carrying around so much...Even the kids who come through the door to my studio - especially the kids, actually. I like to ask 'em if they're OK. I guess it's the least I can do.

And on this sunny fall day, when the wind blows emptily through the trees...I remember.
I feel that scar. And I get ready to ask people how they're really doing. Shouldn't we all?

And if you're not doing OK right now, pick up the phone:

1-800-273-TALK (8255)

It seems like the mind is like the sky - full of fleeting clouds and thoughts. Overcast and leaden skies are never forever, no matter how lasting they seem.

Enjoy the breeze today. Be glad you can feel it.

- Josh

PS. I wrote a song for her. www.myspace.com/thefrontsteps It's called "Forgetful Land"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.