Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ideas for a teaching site

Rockers!

OK, I've been thinking. Believe it or not!

I was talking to a fella who asked me about "distance lessons", and the idea intrigued me. I've got readers from many corners of the world, I'm very proud to say, and it would be awesome if I could offer lessons worldwide!

SO, I plan to do so. I'm gonna start work on it after my CD comes out. I'd be interested in any input, so please comment away!

Specifically, it would be a subscription site with weekly video lessons. What would you like to see on it? Any special features?

And here's something guitarish for today:

Next time you're watching TV, grab your guitar. On the commercial breaks, try to figure out the songs on the air. Since the commercial ends (thankfully!), we're forced to learn quickly. This builds our ear training skills, and adds some cool jingles to our vocabulary. Hey, I can play the theme to NBC with harmonics above the 7th fret. See if you can figure it out!


Rock on!

- Josh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should make the site free of any cost... Keep ads and stuff, but please don't turn it into something done purely for commercial returns. Hoping to see the site soon and maybe you can upload a demo video here on the blog.

Josh Urban said...

Hi, Anonymous #2! Thanks for your compliments and input. Actually, the site will not be free - but it will be worth EVERY PENNY, I promise you! The net is full of free resources, and this will truly be a "you get what you pay for" site. I'm super excited about it, and I guarantee it'll be the coolest thing you'll have seen in a while! Hey, they don't give out free Ferrari s, right? ;) Stay tuned...