Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One more rep

Hey!

Arnold (Schwarzenegger) asks "Is it not possible to do one more rep?"

That's a darn good question. I know, for me, the answer usually is "I can do one more." I've noticed a laziness in myself lately that's gonna be terminated. I think we all have it. When we're practicing, let's just go a little further. Play one more arpeggio. Really push yourself.

If we don't, we're doing our natural talent an injustice. I think a neat way to look at the Arnold quote would be "don't cheat yourself." Use a heavy weight, and get strong! Use that metronome, and get fast!

Here's a neat, guitar-specific thing to work on, and it really goes with the "one more rep" thing. Play every variation of a D minor chord that you can. D minor consists of three notes: D-F-A.

Find those notes on your guitar or bass, and play the different variations of the chord. They don't always have to be in the same inversion - in other words, D doesn't always have to be the lowest note, and A doesn't always have to be the highest.

Don't be a girly man! Find those chords!

Rock on!

No comments: