Monday, March 17, 2008

Neat Guitar Synths

Yo!

I haven't blogged much last week, so I'm playin' catch up today. Must be the leprechauns. (I can't believe I actually spelled that without spell checker!)

I recently acquired the Roland GR20 guitar synthesizer. It's da bomb. I'm using it in my solo act, as well as my band playing. In short, it's a special pickup that mounts between the bridge pickup and the bridge of a guitar. It's got a controller, a cable, and a floor module. The floorboard converts the signal to MIDI (if I'm not mistaken), and provides a wiz bang array of different instrument sounds. SO, I can make my guitar sound like a piano, or a drum, or even a voice! It's REALLY cool. I'll write more about it soon.

Also, if you're so inclined, check out this Amnistey International thingamajig. I feel, that in addition to jabbering about gear and innermost insights, that it's important to help
the world just a little.

No comments: