Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Weekend Challenge

The Morning Show is a blog companion to the podcast audio

Good morning, and HAPPY FRIDAY!

  It's like a million degrees over here, but that's OK, it's the weekend, which means it's time to go salsa dancing and try not to break faces.  It also means it's time for the WEEKEND CHALLENGE!

  This week's challenge is definitely something you've heard of, but have you done it before?  I haven't.  I'm gonna send a care pack to a soldier.  One of my musician buddies has served as a ranger in Iraq, and he's now a bandleader.  His son is serving in Afghanistan.  The war is still happening.  I have many students who have never known it to be otherwise.  Jim posted a picture of his son on patrol, and mentioned the care pack idea.  So, I'm sending one, for several reasons: 1. It's a good thing to do.  2.  I've been feeling like "the system" has been failing a lot of people, and it's easy to hide behind that idea.  If the car breaks down, it's much easier to wring one's hands and say "oh, we're not going anywhere" than to start walking.  The war drags on, and it's up to us individually not to forget about those far away.  Hopefully we can get things working again, but while we do that, one foot in front of the other.

  I invite you to join me in this Weekend Challenge!  Drop me an email at joshurban251@gmail.com if you need guidance or an address to send things.  See ya on Monday, and have a great weekend...this is gonna keep things in perspective for me!

No comments: