Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Morning Show: Building the Skill

The Morning Show is a blog companion to the podcast audio.

OK, we're working on relationships this week, and gettin' a bit philosophical, bro!  I wonder what Dr. Phil would say.  Oh wait, I know.  "You need to take a close look at your podcast, and evaluate it, young man!"  Whatevs, doc!

  Just like I practice guitar, I'm interested in improving my skill with people and relationships.  What are some of your favorite ways to do this? Let me know!   Here's a few of my favorite books: Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People", M. Scott Peck's "The Road Less Traveled", Jonathan Haidt's "The Righteous Mind - Why good people are divided by politics and religion", and Mark Goulston's "Just Listen" are all high on my list.  What are some of your faves?

  I continually catch myself saying "Oh, I don't know what her deal is" or "why would that guy say that?"  Seems like it would behoove me to turn the rhetorical question into a quest for knowledge.  Oh man...This is tricky!

No comments: