Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Morning Show: The Entrepreneurial Life

The Morning Show is a blog companion to the podcast audio.

"Well, I guess my teacher was just trying to get me ready for the real world" he said.  I was talking to one of my guitar students, and he was telling me what a dreary picture one of his teachers had painted for him.  I should just wear a shirt that says "don't get me started."  I've faced my fair share of that, and man, the "real world" that people warn about sure is BLEAK.  But is it even true? It brings me to the theme of the shows this week:  The Entrepreneurial Life.  Is that even a word?  Whatevs, man.  The idea occurs to me as a lifelong entrepreneur:  I can't just do what I want. There ARE real challenges.  But I often can build what I want.  Or at least aim in the general direction.  Zooming out a bit here, couldn't this apply to anything?  I want to be exceptionally careful here, and preface the question with the realization that circumstances can be crushing, resistance is everywhere, and pain is all too real.  But the question remains, with the utmost respect:  aren't we all entrepreneurs when it comes to our lives?  And if so, how does that realization change things?

No comments: