Sunday, May 22, 2011

We are the sky

Hey Comrades!


Well, nobody paid me ten bucks, so I didn't wear my comrade shirt to the Joint Service Open House air show this weekend. (Probably just as well.)

There will be many lessons in the weeks ahead related to jet fighters, but for now, I'd like to share a cool thought I had prior to jet fever setting in.

If we're pilots, we love the sky, and the feeling of being free, groundless, and boundless in the wild blue yonder.

When I swim in the ocean, I feel like a baby turtle returning to my rightful home. When the waves wash over me, I feel connected to the water.

When I play music, not only am I swimming in the sound, but I'm also the source of the sound. I am the sky that the pilot soars in, and the plane. I'm the water that the turtle returns to. I'm the man who strikes the match, and the conflagration itself.

Wow!

- Josh



No comments: